Basic LTR™/Conventional mode operation
Both conventional and LTR™ mode channels are programmable in a radio. MDC
signaling is also available on LTR™ mode.
IP55 Dust-protection and water jet resistance
The IC-F3163 series meets IP55 requirements for dust-protection and water jet resistance.
Its durable construction is backed up by the aluminum die-cast
chassis and polycarbonate casing, allowing reliable operation under harsh weather and environmental conditions.
Lithium-Ion battery pack
Supplied 2000mAh Li-Ion battery pack, BP232N, provides 14 hours* of operating
time. The optional battery case BP-240 provides a convenient back up and great
reassurance in an emergency.
* Typical operation Tx:Rx:Stand-by=5:5:90, power save on Most popular signalings built-in
The built-in 2-Tone and 5-Tone capabilities allow you to send a tone code with
your call and decode multiple tone code on a channel. 40 pairs of CTCSS/DTCS
memory channels are also available.
MDC 1200 Compatible
The following selective calling and ANI features are available with the built-in
• PTT ID • SelCall • Radio check • Radio stun/revive • 500 Aliases
• Status message/request • Call alert • Emergency, emergency mic monitoring
BIIS 1200 compatible
The following selective calling and data features are available with the built-in BIIS
• 32 abbreviated call memories • 7 group IDs • 24-status Messages • Send 12-character SDM (Short Data Message) • Receive up to 95 characters of free text • GPS position reporting function with
Wide frequency range
The IC-F3163 series covers a wide frequency range in one version (VHF 136–174
MHz, UHF 400–470MHz or 450–520 MHz).
Voting mode scanning
The Voting mode scanning detects the Smeter level of repeater stations and automatically
selects the strongest station, useful for roaming between 2 or more repeater
sites. Once you program the voting mode to a memory zone, you can
easily start voting mode operation by changing the zone setting.
The IC-F3163 series employs a BTL amplifier that increases the audio output and
the built-in audio compander provides clear, low noise communications.
Built-in inversion-type voice scrambler
The built-in inversion type voice scrambler* provides secure conversation as standard.
When a more secure system is required, optional voice scrambler UT-109R or UT110R
* Inversion type voice scrambler is not compatible with UT-109R/UT-110R voice scrambler.
• 512 memory channel with 128 zones
• 8 DTMF autodial memories
• 2 step reduced power setting
• Busy, repeater lockout functions
• Lone worker function
• Escalating alarm
• Mode dependent scan
• Surveillance function temporarily turns
off the LED backlight and beep sound
• Powerful 5W output both VHF and UHF
• Power on password and more…