Basic LTR™/Conventional mode
Both conventional and LTR™ mode channels
are programmable in a radio. MDC
signaling is also available on LTR™ mode.
IP55 Dust-protection and water
The IC-F3163 series meets IP55 requirements
for dust-protection and water jet resistance.
Its durable construction is
backed up by the aluminum die-cast
chassis and polycarbonate casing, allowing
reliable operation under harsh
weather and environmental conditions.
Lithium-Ion battery pack
Supplied 2000mAh Li-Ion battery pack, BP232N,
provides 14 hours* of operating
time. The optional battery case BP-240
provides a convenient back up and great
reassurance in an emergency.
* Typical operation Tx:Rx:Stand-by=5:5:90,
power save on
Most popular signalings built-in
The built-in 2-Tone and 5-Tone capabilities
allow you to send a tone code with
your call and decode multiple tone code
on a channel. 40 pairs of CTCSS/DTCS
memory channels are also available.
MDC 1200 Compatible
The following selective calling and ANI
features are available with the built-in
• PTT ID • SelCall • Radio check
• Radio stun/revive • 500 Aliases
• Status message/request • Call alert
• Emergency, emergency mic monitoring
BIIS 1200 compatible
The following selective calling and data
features are available with the built-in BIIS
• 32 abbreviated call memories
• 7 group IDs • 24-status Messages
• Send 12-character SDM (Short Data Message)
• Receive up to 95 characters of free text
• GPS position reporting function with
Wide frequency range
The IC-F3163 series covers a wide frequency
range in one version (VHF 136–174
MHz, UHF 400–470MHz or 450–520 MHz).